Saturday, July 24, 2010

[Books] Little, Big

Little, Big by John Crowley is a novel of Faery, following the path of Smoky Barnable through the courtship and marriage of Daily Alice Drinkwater, then meandering into the Drinkwater's history and their house Edgewood, and then beyond.

Ever have a novel that speaks to you so profoundly that you love reading it yet can't seem to finish because it's a bit too eccentric and subtle? Little, Big is that novel for me (along with Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin, maybe it's because both were published in the early 80s). I've been trying for the past two decades to actually finish it because I usually get half way through and it loses my interest.

Maybe I'll get through it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.