Friday, May 14, 2010

[Vids] Dresden Files

The Dresden Files TV show was on the SciFi Channel (now SyFy) in 2007 and was canceled after one season. Based on the Dresden series by Jim Butcher, Amazon had a sale so I picked it up.

I heard lots of bad things about the show but I've been enjoying it. Probably because I've only read a few of the books and don't hold to the "canon purity" that seems to follow books that become TV shows.

It's pretty cheap at Amazon these days, so check it out yourself. Me, I'll be mining it a bit for my upcoming Dresden Files RPG campaign.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I have had no problem with the TV show being different from the books. Usually the differences drive me nuts. Not with DF. Usually, it's books into movies. Maybe it's easier to recognize the need for more(different) material to fulfill the weekly demand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - weekly demand will outstrip any series of books. The difference between text and t.v. is extreme in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.