Friday, May 21, 2010

[My Collection] Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I have all the Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG books from Eden Studios (as well as the Angel RPG stuff, too).

If you are interested in learning more about Unisystem, the system that the game uses (along with All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Witchcraft, Armegeddon, Conspiracy X 2nd edition, Terra Primate, Ghosts of Albion and Army of Darkness), the BBC has a website with the rules (last updated 2005) that they let their watchers (get it, Watchers) have access to in order to understand the rules (a win, in my opinion, on Eden's part).

RPG.net has a number of reviews (1, 2, 3) including some reviews on Monster Smackdown (4, 5), the Slayers Handbook (6), the Magic Box (7, 8, 9) and even Angel (10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

5 comments:

  1. Ghosts of Albion is my favorite of the bunch. But I am biased that way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. The spelling was atrocious on that last post so I deleted it.

    I love Buffy/Angel and I've run more of those two systems than any other game save AD&D2e.

    Cine-Uni is a great system with only a few honker rules (Dex as uber stat) and there is no doubt in my mind it would be among the last games I'd ever part with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for the Ghosts of Albion hardback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, we just started playing this with our friends down here in Texas. In a single game, we managed to get killed (season 3, graduation) and revived three years in the past, at the beginning of season one. We're basically trading services with a demon: if we kill Angel and maybe Buffy, we get to live past graduation. We've also supplanted Willow and Xander as Buffy's cohorts; we rescued Willow from Darla in the crypt and Giles sent them home when we got back to the library with Buffy. I'm playing a very Willow-y, nerdy character and BW is playing an assistant to Giles. So far, it's a lot of fun!

    --KW

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.