Tuesday, January 25, 2011

[Vids] The Unusuals

The Unusuals was a short-lived cop show that originally aired in 2009. Only 10 episodes were made before it was cancelled by ABC.

It's a combined comedy-drama, with some pretty funny and at the same time heavy stuff: one of the minor characters has a brain tumor and another wears body armor because he thinks he's going to get shot. Since these two are partners, it is both tragic and comic.

The main characters are played by Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker) and Amber Tamblyn (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants). Jeremy's Detective Walsh is by far the better watch, playing a cool cop surrounded by oddballs, while Amber's Detective Shraeger doesn't quite hit all the cylinders (at least in the first few episodes I've seen) but I'm hopeful.

I'm liking the show so far. With only 10 episodes, it may not build up steam enough to have some good development, character and overall story arc-wise, but it's given me some ideas for a cop-inspired modern game.

Maybe I'll write up my thoughts on this and post them sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.