Friday, January 21, 2011

[Resources] The Lost Tomb of Caligula

File:Caligulaposter.jpg
A thief found the lost tomb of Caligula!

The thief was caught loading a 2.5 meter (over 8 foot) statue, worth a million Euros, of the emperor onto a truck. After questioning by police, the criminal led them to the site, on the shores of Lake Nemi, south of Rome.

I don't know about you but that is a pretty cool adventure story, perfect for an RPG. Is this an opportunity to spring the Tomb of Horrors on the players of a medieval scenario? Or more like King Tut's Tomb (including requisite curse) set in the 1930s? Or an action-adventure ala National Treasure with world-spanning clues for a modern game? So many ways to run this.

I'd be interested to see if anyone does this. Maybe I'll find some time to map out the tomb myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.