Saturday, February 5, 2011

[Auld Lang 'Zine] 1001+1 Nights, Issue #26

Issue #26, One Thousand and One Nights and One Night RPG Campaign Design 'zine
Issue 26 of One Thousand and One Nights and One Night Campaign Design 'zine was published in March 2008.

I had a lot of fun with this one. I wrote up a Call of Cthulhu scenario I ran with the CMT. Since it was set in WWI, the body count and the sanity loss was high. It had been a long, long time since I ran CoC. The group had a good time but it was pretty brutally obvious that most of them weren't going to get out of it alive. I made sure there were plenty of PCs/NPCs in the squad to make sure when a death did occur, the player could keep on keepin' on.

A bunch of the game notes links still work: The Lost Battalion (wikipedia), No Man's Land: WWI Mythos Action with the Lost Battalion (Call of Cthulhu) (Chaosium) by Sam Johnson, Chaosium CoC Quickstart Rules Page, 8 Privates for my scenario, Call of Cthulhu Online Generator, and "RIP Gary Gygax" thread (RPG.net).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.