Friday, September 20, 2013

[Trickster] Hiram Bosch


(Hiram Bosch is a character in Jeff Somers' 2013 urban fantasy novel Trickster and is presented here as a fan-inspired homage to an excellent book. I recommend that you read it.)

Hiram Bosch (FATE Accelerated Edition)
ustari (Magician)

High Concept: Aging Blood Mage

Trouble: Mr. Vonnegan is his apprentice.

Aspect: The hun-kiuba (time-slowing ritual) is my greatest spell.

Aspect: A man's home is his castle.

Aspect: Mr. Vonnegan is wasting his potential and I still have things to teach him.

Approaches:
Careful: Fair (+2), Clever: Average (+1), Flashy: Good (+3), Forceful: Mediocre (+0), 
Quick: Average (+1), Sneaky: Fair (+2)

Stunt: Because I'm an ustari, I get a +2 when I Carefully cast a spell.

Stunt: Because I was apprenticed to enustari Faber Gottschalk, I get a +2 when I investigate spells or glyphs.

Stunt: Because I am a skilled teacher, I get a +2 when I Cleverly teach a spell.

Refresh: 3
Current FATE Points: 3

Stress: [_] [_] [_] 

Consequences:
Mild (2):

Moderate (4):

Severe (6):

Description:
Hiram Bosch is Lem's gasam and he refuses to release Lem from the oath as a punishment for failing to live up to his potential as a blood mage. Hiram lives well and uses his magic to keep him in creature comforts. But only a fool would underestimate his prowess at blood magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.