Saturday, October 1, 2011

[Auld Lang 'Zine] Switching to Guns, Issue 1

STG_Issue1
 After finishing 49 issues of my One Thousand and One Nights and One Night Campaign Design 'zine (Issue no. 50 was finished much later), I started up on a new 'zine called Switching to Guns.

I had learned a lot of things writing my first 'zine and brought a lot of that into Switching to Guns. First, I improved the layout to aid in publishing and didn't worry about publishing dates all that much, focusing on throwing them out whenever I had the opportunity (which, as I was still in my second grad school, wasn't as often as I'd've liked). Second, I was more focused on subject matter, and that actually improved during the course of the publishing. There are only a few issues that are not based on a Labyrinth Lord setting I developed (specifically Issues 1, 2, 3, 10, 11, 17 and 18). And finally, I tried to build a sandbox setting with many short adventures thrown in, ones that could be used in whole or part.

Issue 1 (tied with Issue 11) is all about a Fae Portland using Changeling the Dreaming. I went to my 1st grad school down in Portland and have a real warmth and happiness about the town. So, I did some research, marked up an old Powell's Walking Tour map and created some compelling places.

I hope that you enjoy reading these 'zines and I'll keep posting them until I get to the current ones I'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.