Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays

Charles Dickens is awesome. While I enjoy A Christmas Carol, I like The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby more.

More than a few years ago during the holidays, I read A Christmas Carol and I read it again during following holiday season. It's not quite a tradition for me but a something I do every now and then. This year, maybe I'll have the time to pick it up and give it a go (or re-read David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice instead).

It's a classic tale and has many commendable themes, the least of which is the importance of family and community.

So whatever you believe or don't believe this holiday season, whether it's Christmas or Hanukkah or Eid ul-Adha or Kwanzaa or Yule or Festivus, I hope that you and yours have a safe and fun holiday, filled with good family and good celebration.

2 comments:

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.