Sunday, November 13, 2011

[Resources] Shark Attack!

Sharks are dangerous creatures. And the majority of fatal attacks are done by great white sharks, bull sharks, tiger sharks, and oceanic whitetip sharks.

Wikipedia has a list of fatal, unprovoked shark attacks in the US. The list is divided by decade, extending back to 1642.

Water is dangerous and sharks make that so. If you're running a game set in and around US waters, between the 17th century and the present, check out the list. It may give you some ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I agree; there's something about the savagery and inevitability in a shark attack that is chilling.

    I'd never thought much about such an attack until a recent game when my beloved character was thrown from a ship into an unknown ocean. Luckily the other PCs worked wonders to get him back on board, but for a few rounds I thought... "Sharks?"

    Plus, for those among us not averse to using miniatures, Reaper has produced a couple of wereshark figures that have really piqued my interest...including a dwarf wereshark (#3493). I may be pushing for more water-centered adventures in the future...or writing one of my own.

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.