Sunday, April 4, 2010

[Resources] Dragon vs. Rancor


This is a really cool pic.

I found it at SithNet, a site in Spanish, the Lores Del Sith (English translation) after looking at the movie Dragonslayer (1981) on wikipedia. The Dragon, Vermithrax Pejorative (which means "the Worm from Thrace which makes things worse"), is grappling with the Rancor from Return of the Jedi (1983).

According to the wikipedia Dragonslayer article, it says "During the filming of Return of the Jedi, the ILM crew jokingly placed a model of one of the dragons from Dragonslayer in the arms of the rancor model and took a picture. The picture was included in the book Star Wars: Chronicles. A creature based on the appearance of this dragon appears in one of Jabba the Hutt's monster pens in Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy."

I don't know how I'd use this in a game, but I'm thinking ....

4 comments:

  1. I want to heard Vermithrax's Theme music vs. the Rancor's theme music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That music would be cool. Here's hoping someone comes up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so thats where krayt dragons and the rancor vs krayt dragon story came from

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.